Individual and Group Volunteering Ideas
Would your classroom, club, church, business, or group like a service project that directly impacts the community?
WNC knows everyone enjoys helping others in our community, but sometimes it is difficult to know the best way to make an impact. Take a look at the list below for some ideas that previous community groups and individuals have done to support WNC in our mission of serving our neighbors:
- Hosting a drive in your neighborhood, business, or classroom to collect toiletry items (toilet paper, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, etc.) or cleaning supplies (glass cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, all purpose cleaner, etc.)
- Making kits for upcoming projects such as "Fun in the Sun" items or First Aid Kits. This event would include doing the collection, purchasing, and assembly of the kits. We would supply with a written list to guide you with obtaining the needed items.
- Hosting a car wash, bake sale, and donating profits to WNC.
- Donating 10%, $1, or any amount from the sale of business services or items to WNC.
- Putting out a "collection" jar at your local business so folks can easily donate to WNC.
- Holding a neighborhood party where your guests bring items needed by WNC (e.g., diapers, toilet paper, laundry soap, shampoo, hand soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.)
- Collecting and recycling aluminum cans from area work or lunch rooms tailgating events, or from families in your neighborhood and donating the proceeds to WNC.
Midwest Performing Arts dancers hosted their 2018 Dance for a Cause, raising nearly $5000 for WNC's mission. Love their spirit!
Do you have another great idea that is not listed here? We would love to hear it! We always welcome your creativity, as well as your generous donations of time, effort, and financial support. Please contact us at (608) 849-5740 or email@example.com if your group, family, or business would like to host an event to raise funds for WNC. We look forward to working with you soon!